Inspect, Inspect, Inspect.
Regularly Inspect Your Investment Property!
Do you own a rental, or two, or ten? Inspecting your investment property on a regular basis is necessary to ensure that no funny business is taking place. So, you can use a checklist and a clipboard as you walk the grounds, or simply just drive by the complex and do a quick once over. So however you decide to do it, just decide TO do it. Here are 5 easy steps to consider while you’re conducting inspections:
- Check for signs of illegal swimming pools (Yes, this happens! Learn more about signs to look out for at your property so you can take action)
- Do not allow potted plants (Learn how this might cost you some green of your own!)
- Inspect a unit for damage, against-contract, or illegal possessions (Learn more about what this could entail)
- Do not allow satellite dishes at your apartment building (Protect your roof and your investment! Learn more about damages caused by dishes)
- Always ensure your property is compliant with safety regulations (Learn more about fire extinguishers at your property)